Gotta love the sweet savory goodness of a bacon wrapped fig. Well, this takes it in another direction, adding a little creamy spiciness of a jalapeño popper. Sweet savory and a little spicy - you really can’t go wrong with a Pig Newton
- Big Green Egg
- 1 pack fig newtons
- 1.5 lb bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 6 whole jalapenos
- 1 tbsp bbq rub
- Core jalapeños and cut into either diagonal rings or ½” thick strips
- Add a schmear of cream cheese to the top of each fig newton
- Place slice of jalapeño on cream cheese
- Wrap each Newton with a ½ slice of bacon. I found that it works best to have the figgy side of the Newton facing out. Helps preserve the structural integrity of the Newton.
- place wrapped Newtons on greased grill grate. I like to use either a greased metal mesh grate on top of a regular grate or a silicone mesh grate to make removal of the cookies easier.
- Cook at 350F indirect for approximately 30 minutes, until the bacon looks good (dark/crisp)